VOLUME 18, NUMBER 5
- Shining a New Light on Zooxanthellae
- Epaulette Sharks
- Magical Mushrooms
Editor’s Page by James M. Lawrence
Reef News CORAL staff reports
Reef Visions by Matt Pedersen
- Solar Symbionts — Casting new light on the ancient partnership of reef-building corals and the micro-algae known as zooxanthellae, family Symbiodiniaceae by John E. Parkinson, Ph.D. and Todd C. LaJeunesse, Ph.D.
- Genus Hemiscyllium: Epaulette Sharks — The walking elasmobranchs by Scott W. Michael
- Melev’s Reef — Live long and prosper: Lessons learned in an ever-evolving 400-gallon Texas marine system by Matt Pedersen with Marc Levenson
- Species Spotlight: Magical mushrooms, Ricordea spp. CORAL staff report
- Reefkeeping 101: Good Fish, Bad Fish; Part II Quelling the “must have” impulse at your local aquarium shop: The right way to choose reef livestock by Dr. Dieter Brockmann
- Advanced Aquatics: Nitrification in marine aquaria: A fresh look at the microbes in healthy reef systems by Timothy A. Hovanec, Ph.D.
- CORAL sources: Outstanding aquarium shops
- Coralexicon: Technical terms that appear in this issue
- Reef Marketplace: The marine products showcase
- Letter From Europe by Daniel Knop
- Advertiser Index
- Reef Life: by Larry P. Tackett and Denise Nielsen Tackett
LEARN MORE! Subscribe to CORAL Magazine!
- Pub Code: CUS107
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Solar Symbionts